Walchandnagar Industries Limited (WIL) designs, manufactures and supplies
- Critically high speed Gear Drive system ( Increaser as well reducer ) as per API 613 standards for turbines & gas compressors.
- Multistage low speed reducers parallel as well orthogonal orientation.
- Heavy Duty planetary drive systems for Sugar Mill, Cement mills etc.
- Main propulsion gear units for marine application.
- Heavy duty custom built gear units as drop replacements ( single & double helical ).
- Contract manufactured drive systems as per client’s design.
- Refurbishment / servicing of any make heavy duty drive up to 100 Ton.Also produces drive solution based on Design Standards like ISO 6336, DIN 3990, AGMA 6011/H98, ABS, LRS & IRS with double as well as single helical tooth design across various industrial segments.
- “ The only INDIAN manufacturer of propulsion drive system for submarine.”
- WIL follows the design philosophy of MAAG Gears with whom we had Technical Collaboration spanning more than two decades in the past. The design philosophy, manufacturing procedures, precision machinery and heat treatment equipment were acquired from their works at Switzerland.
- WIL has worked jointly with DCNS France for manufacture and supply of Raft Mounted Gearboxes for Anti Submarine Warfare Corvettes.
- WIL has also recently entered into agreement with Timken / Philadelphia Gears, USA- to supply marine gear boxes for offshore patrol vessels.
- Today the Gear division has a full fledged in house design and engineering set up coupled with state of the art manufacturing facilities.
- Over the last 45 years WIL Gear division has supplied and served Defense, Sugar, Cement, Steel, Paper, Hydroelectric, Fertilizer and Petro-chemical industry along with power sector.
- WIL is closely associated with design, manufacture and supply of Gear Boxes for various programs of Indian Navy for Leander class Frigates, Survey Vessels, Aircraft Carrier, Corvette class vessels, Fleet tankers, Nuclear Powered Submarines, Anti Submarine Warfare Corvettes etc. with power up to 24000 hp.
Gearing & associated component design
Gear and machine element analysis using kiss soft
3D Solid modeling – PRO E & SOLID WORKS
Finite element analysis using ANSYS & Pro-Mechanica
Rotor dynamic analysis using RBTS
Design and analysis of Fixed & Flexible profiles Sliding bearing for radial and thrust forces
Critical speed analysis for lateral and torsional vibrations including un-damped unbalance response
FEA based under water shock analysis
Special Manufacturing Capabilities
Gear teeth shaping machine upto 5000 mm dia and face width up to 500 mm
German Hofler Rapid 2600 grinding machine capable of grinding gears to DIN-1 quality standard. Machine is equipped with grinding of internal gear (Spur & Helical teeth) as well as an inbuilt gear testing facility for both external & internal gears.
Electronically controlled furnace for case carburizing and hardening of gear as per patented CARBO MAAG process.
Full speed, no load testing as per API – 613 Load.
Load testing using Water brake dynamometer up to 1.2 mw
Load Testing using Back to back method up to 10mw.
Certification from World Known Quality Surveillance Agencies
WIL specializes in Re – engineering on existing Gearboxes. Well equipped to refurbish gearboxes up to 40 MW.
New life to old gears and gearboxes
Periodic maintenance & Re-engineering
Overhaul & Re – engineering
Gearboxes up to 20 MW
Carries out on site overhauling of Gearbox of any make
Drop-in gearbox on existing foundation
1) Mr. R N Madke, President – Gear Division
Walchandnagar Industries Ltd.
15/1/B-2 G.A. Kulkarni Path
Opp. Karishma Society Gate No. 2,
Pune – 411 038, Maharashtra, India.
Phone: +91 9545633410
2) Mr. Murlidhar Yelmar, General Manager(Marketing-Spares)
Mobile: +91 9325128049
3) Capt P S Mane, Indian Navy (Retd) General Manager (Marketing-Marine Gears)
Phone – +91(020) 30252970, Mo. +91 8390904453
4) Mr. Rahul Pardeshi , DGM
Phone – +91 (020)30252517, Mo. +91 9370247650