Defence & Missile
- WIL’s contribution to various programs of Defense Research and Development Organization (DRDO), Ministry of Defense started in Mid 80’s.
- Over last 3 decades, WIL has regularly manufactured and supplied critical equipment such as Combustion Chambers, Al. Alloy Bridges, Launching Systems, Motor casings etc.
- Having developed critical technologies for DRDO’s projects WIL has been conferred with the prestigious “Technology Absorption Award” from DRDO.
- WIL has recently set-up an exclusive infrastructure & facilities for manufacture of Combustion Chambers for Akash Missile Program
- WIL has recently acquired TOT from DRDO for 35 m Mountain Foot Bridge
- WIL has a Tradition of Engineering Excellence, expertise and Design capabilities encompassing entire spectrum from Concept to Commissioning.
- Over these years WIL has developed critical technologies in Fabrication, metal forming, Precision machining, Manual & Auto TIG welding, Heat Treatment, Machining, Non Destructive Testing, Mechanical Testing.
- Technologies developed to deal with wide range of materials such as Plain Carbon Steels, Low and High Alloy steels, Stainless Steels, High strength maraging steel and non ferrous material like Cobalt alloys, Incoloy, Inconel & Nickel, Monel, Alluminium, Titanium, etc.
- WIL has acquired TOT from DRDO for 35 mm Mountain Foot Bridge with the following specifications-
- Modular Design
- No civil works required for Bridge Erection
- Span width 33 m
- Road way width 0.8m
- Short time for Launching
- Capable of withstanding extreme environmental Conditions
- Ideal for Disaster relief.
- WIL has capability to deliver complete integrated Solutions for Launchers for Strategic Systems
- WIL has received Industrial license for Body Armour
- Registered with Ordinance Factory Board for Manufacture of Bomb Bodies.
Exclusive Manufacturing Facilities
- High productive CNC Plasma/flame cutting machine & sophisticated Automatic Welding Systems for fabrication of hi-tech equipment using exotic materials.
- Heavy-duty plate bending machines & hydraulic presses for wide variety of metal forming operations.
- Dust Free & Humidity controlled enclosures for precision welding & assembly related to Aerospace, Defence and Nuclear equipment.
- Large sized furnaces with Data Acquisition Systems for various heat treatment processes.
- State of the art machining facilities include Large sized and heavy-duty CNC Horizontal and Vertical Boring machines, Gear Cutting and Gear Grinding Machines.
- High accuracy optical tooling and measuring instruments enable precision measurements on large sized equipment.
- Extensive Test facilities consisting of Ultra-sonic, Radiography, Leak detection & Pressure Testing with strain measurements for Non Destructive Examination.
- Wide range of Overhead Cranes with lifting capacity up to 125 Tons for safe handling of materials/equipment.
1) Commodore Manas Kumar Das(Retd), Vice President
Walchandnagar Industries Ltd.
15/1/B-2 G.A. Kulkarni Path
Opp. Karishma Society Gate No. 2,
Pune – 411 038, Maharashtra, India.
Tel : (O) +91-20-30252971 (M) +919545613667
E-mail : firstname.lastname@example.org