- WIL’s association with Indian Space Research Organization (ISRO) dates back to early 70s.
- WIL successfully developed indigenously critical manufacturing technologies for Aerospace Components – Rocket Motors.
- WIL has actively participated in manufacture of booster motor casings and nozzles for the ISRO space programs commencing from SLV-3, ASLV to PSLV & GSLV programs.
- Equipment manufactured by WIL, have been successfully used in the launching of ‘ROHINI’, ‘SROSS’, ‘IRS’, ‘G-SAT’ and other satellites.
- WIL takes pride being a contributor of key critical equipment in India’s maiden mission to moon i.e. “Chandrayan I”.
- WIL has been a significant contributor in India’s successful Mission to Mars i.e. Mangalyaan.
- WIL has supplied Rocket Motor casings and Nozzles for Zeroth and First Stage of the 44.4 metre PSLV – C25.
- Many critical key components & Hardware such as S-139 and Head End Segment -39, Nozzle End Segment-38 and Nozzle Divergent Aft End – 35, as well as PS0XL motor cases – 24A, 31, 32, 33, 34 and 35” have been manufactured and supplied by Walchandnagar and which are part of the Launch Vehicle used in the successful Launch.