Walchandnagar is a modern township located 135 kms from Pune city in Maharashtra state and is well equipped with all civic amenities. It is named after our illustrious founder Seth Walchand Hirachand. It is a cosmopolitan set-up with a population of about 15000 spread over 580 acres of land which includes 50 acres of factory area.
Walchandnagar township has been provided with all the necessary facilities, amenities and utility services like roads, water supply, drainage, electricity, educational institutions, medical facilities.
Key facilities in Township
- Residential colony of over 1590 houses with a well established infrastructure
- Schools( Both English and Marathi Medium) from Nursery to 12th standard under one roof. The school has about 4500 students and 166 well qualified staff
- A 10 bedded modern hospital with ICU, Maternity centre and Operation Theatre with doctor and nursing staff available on call
- Fully equipped mobile hospital and ambulance
- Sports facilities : Playground for Cricket and Tennis, Badminton Courts, etc
- Recreational facilities with Club house for officers
- Banks and ATM
- Well laid down and organised market which takes care of all day to day needs
- Extensive Green Coverage
- Senior Citizen park, Children play park
- Telephone Exchange
- Post and Telegraph office
- Good connectivity with all nearby cities via road and rail
- MSRTC Bus stand.