Corporate Social Responsibility
Since 1934, WIL has been initiating and implementing many welfare acttivities for its employees as well as for the surrounding society areas, long before it became a statutory requirement.
- Rural Education
- Rural Health care
- Well planned township with house for every employee
- Supply of filtered drinking water
- Essential items supply at subsidized prices
- Green coverage.
- WIL has made pioneering efforts in providing free education in rural areas
- WIL also created educational facilities for children of migratory cane harvesting labour so that they are not deprived of education – Possibly first such initiative in Indian Sugar Industry.
- The schools established by the Company impart education up to Higher Secondary grade to children staying in Walchandnagar and the children staying in nearby towns & villages.
- WIL organises various health schemes throughout the year to create health awareness in the township and nearby villages. The Company continuously organises activities towards good health of its employees and their families, school students and society at large like free health check up camp, eye checkup camp, blood donation camp etc. throughout the year.
- For executing these activities, WIL also seeks active cooperation from local institutions like Grampanchayat, Tehsil, Lions club, IMD Kamgar Samanvaya Sangh, Sancheti Hospital, and other social organisations.
- Beyond adhering to various environmental management systems in the organisational working, WIL also ensures to extend the thought in day to day life by initiating and supporting activities like tree plantation, waste recycling and energy conservation.
- To maintain pollution free atmosphere and to spread awareness about environment protection, the Company actively undertakes tree plantation involving school children and social institutions.
Encouraging young talent in sports field
- With an aim to encourage young talent in the sports arena, WILhas been a prime sponsor of the Walchand Cup, a junior national ranking lawn tennis tournament.The Walchand Cup, organised under the aegis of the Maharashtra State Lawn Tennis Association (MSLTA), is one of the biggest junior ranking tennis event on the National circuit and brings the cream of boys and girls under 16 years (U-16) from across the nation to vie for honours.
- Walchandnagar township provides excellent Indoor and Outdoor games and sports facilities at nominal charges so that each individual can pick his/her area of interest and acquire proficiency in respective games/sports.
Active Women Forums providing platform for development
- Forums such as Mahila Mandal, Bhajani Mandals, Bachat Gat & Jagruti Mahila Mandal take care of various needs and overall development of women of all age groups.
- Training & Development initiatives like Food processing, Fashion designing, Handicraft designs, Flower decoration, etc are undertaken in order to become economically self sufficient. These activities are supported by various local NGOs, our schools, Grampanchayat, Kamgar Kalyan Kendra, etc.