Who we are
About Walchandnagar Industries Limited (WIL)
Walchandnagar Industries Limited (WIL), Pune, is an ISO 9001: 2008 certified Indian company with global presence and diversified business portfolio in Projects, Products & high-tech manufacturing. Carrying more than 100 years legacy we have established our name as one of the best in areas operational. We are known for pioneering achievements in Indian industry with pool of qualified, highly skilled and motivated human resources capable of working in challenging environment led by transformationallLeadership and world class manufacturing facility located at Walchandnagar, Dist. Pune. WIL is the recipient of many awards and recognitions, including Best Performance In Exports on Number of Occasions, Technology Absorption Award from Ministry of Defense, Govt. of India, Excellent Employee Relation Award and Indian Nuclear Society Industrial Excellence Award. WIL is listed company on BSE & NSE Stock Exchange, INDIA.
WIL is a high-tech Heavy Engineering Project Execution company with a strong engineering and project management and manufacturing infrastructure to undertake projects and supply of machinery and equipments in the fields of Nuclear Power , Aerospace, Defense, Steam Generation plants, Independent Power Projects, Turnkey Cement Plants, EPC Projects for Mineral Processing, Bulk Material Handling for Heavy processes, Industrial, Turnkey Sugar Projects to name a few.
WIL also has a foundry at Satara that manufactures Gray Iron and Ductile Iron ( S.G.Iron) castings. A precison instrumentation division located at Dharwad, Karnataka manufacture standard and precision Pressure and Temperature gauges.
Some of the pioneering achievements:
- Indigenously built Sugar Project
- Company to export sugar machinery and complete Turnkey Project from India
- Export of complete Cement Plant with largest ever Kiln manufactured by any Indian Company
- Independent Power Project based on Municipal Solid Waste in India.
First to Manufacture
- Manufacture and integration of major critical components in the first Indian built nuclear sub-marine ‘INS Arihant’
- Critical components for Nuclear Reactor
- Main gear Boxes for Indian built Navy Frigates
- Components for Satellite Launch Vehicle for ISRO
- All critical components for 235 MWe Nuclear Power Project
- Largest Optical Telescope in India.