Defence & Missile
- WIL’s contribution to various programs of Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO), Ministry of Defence started in Mid 80’s.
- WIL successfully developed indigenously critical manufacturing technologies for Defence Sector.
- Over last 3 decades, WIL has regularly manufactured and supplied critical equipment such as Combustion Chambers, Al. Alloy Bridges, Launching Systems, Motor casings etc.
- Having developed critical technologies for DRDO’s projects WIL has been conferred with the prestigious “Technology Absorption Award” from DRDO.
- WIL has recently set-up an exclusive infrastructure & facilities for productionization of Combustion Chambers for Akash Missile Program
- WIL has a Tradition of Engineering Excellence, expertise and Design capabilities encompassing entire spectrum from Concept to Commissioning.
- With the best infrastructure and un-matched skills, WIL has carved a niche in Hi-Tech manufacturing.
- Over these years WIL has developed critical technologies in metal forming, Manual & Auto TIG welding, Heat Treatment, Machining, Non Destructive Testing, Mechanical Testing.
- Technologies developed to deal with wide range of materials such as Plain Carbon Steels, Low and High Alloy steels, Stainless Steels, High strength maraging steel and non ferrous material like Cobalt alloys, Incoloy, Inconel & Nickel, Monel, Alluminium, Titanium, etc.
- As one of the few Engineering Industries in India, WIL has well equipped for fabrication, precision machining, Heat Treatment, etc required for manufacturing of wide range of large size Industrial Machinery.
- The workshop with unique facilities is certified by reputed International Inspection Agencies like Lloyds, Bureau Veritas, Linde Consortium, UHDE and other National Establishments like ISRO, NPCIL, DRDL, Indian Navy, IBR, EIL, PDIL. etc.
- Quality Systems, put in place are capable of meeting International Standards such as ISO, ASME, ASTM, API, ANSI, DIN, BSA, AGMA, TEMA, etc. and National Standards such as BIS, IBR.
Exclusive Manufacturing Facilities
- High productive CNC Plasma/flame cutting machine & sophisticated Automatic Welding Systems for fabrication of hi-tech equipment using exotic materials.
- Heavy-duty plate bending machines & hydraulic presses for wide variety of metal forming operations.
- Dust Free & Humidity controlled enclosures for precision welding & assembly related to Aerospace, Defence and Nuclear equipment.
- Large sized furnaces with Data Acquisition Systems for various heat treatment processes.
- State of the art machining facilities include Large sized and heavy-duty CNC Horizontal and Vertical Boring machines, Gear Cutting and Gear Grinding Machines.
- High accuracy optical tooling and measuring instruments enable precision measurements on large sized equipment.
- Extensive Test facilities consisting of Ultra-sonic, Radiography, Leak detection & Pressure Testing with strain measurements for Non Destructive Examination.
- Wide range of Overhead Cranes with lifting capacity up to 125 Tons for safe handling of materials/equipment.
1) Mr. Manas Kumar Das
Walchandnagar Industries Ltd.
15/1/B-2 G.A. Kulkarni Path
Opp. Karishma Society Gate No. 2,
Pune – 411 038, Maharashtra, India.
Tel: +91 9545613667
E-mail : firstname.lastname@example.org