- WIL’s association with Indian Space Research Organization (ISRO) dates back to early 70s.
- WIL successfully developed indigenously critical manufacturing technologies for Aerospace Components – Rocket Motors.
- WIL has actively participated in manufacture of booster motor casings and nozzles for the ISRO space programs commencing from SLV-3, ASLV to PSLV & GSLV programs.
- Equipment manufactured by WIL, have been successfully used in the launching of ‘ROHINI’, ‘SROSS’, ‘IRS’, ‘G-SAT’ and other satellites.
- WIL takes pride being a contributor of key critical equipment in India’s maiden mission to moon i.e. “Chandrayan I”.
- WIL has been a significant contributor in India’s successful Mission to Mars i.e. Mangalyaan.
- WIL has supplied Rocket Motor casings and Nozzles for Zeroth and First Stage of the 44.4 metre PSLV – C25.
- Many critical key components & Hardware such as S-139 and Head End Segment -39, Nozzle End Segment-38 and Nozzle Divergent Aft End – 35, as well as PS0XL motor cases – 24A, 31, 32, 33, 34 and 35” have been manufactured and supplied by Walchandnagar and which are part of the Launch Vehicle used in the successful Launch.
- WIL has a Tradition of Engineering Excellence, expertise and Design capabilities encompassing entire spectrum from Concept to Commissioning.
- With the best infrastructure and un-matched skills, WIL has carved a niche in Hi-Tech manufacturing.
- Over these years WIL has developed critical technologies in metal forming, Manual & Auto TIG welding, Heat Treatment, Machining, Non Destructive Testing, Mechanical Testing.
- Technologies developed to deal with wide range of materials such as Plain Carbon Steels, Low and High Alloy steels, Stainless Steels, High strength maraging steel and non ferrous material like Cobalt alloys, Incoloy, Inconel & Nickel, Monel, Alluminium, Titanium, etc.
- As one of the few Engineering Industries in India, WIL has well equipped for fabrication, precision machining, Heat Treatment, etc required for manufacturing of wide range of large size Industrial Machinery.
- The workshop with unique facilities is certified by reputed International Inspection Agencies like Lloyds, Bureau Veritas, Linde Consortium, UHDE and other National Establishments like ISRO, NPCIL, DRDL, Indian Navy, IBR, EIL, PDIL. etc.
- Quality Systems, put in place are capable of meeting International Standards such as ISO, ASME, ASTM, API, ANSI, DIN, BSA, AGMA, TEMA, etc. and National Standards such as BIS, IBR.
Exclusive Manufacturing Facilities
- High productive CNC Plasma/flame cutting machine & sophisticated Automatic Welding Systems for fabrication of hi-tech equipment using exotic materials.
- Heavy-duty plate bending machines & hydraulic presses for wide variety of metal forming operations.
- Dust Free & Humidity controlled enclosures for precision welding & assembly related to Aerospace, Defence and Nuclear equipment.
- Large sized furnaces with Data Acquisition Systems for various heat treatment processes.
- State of the art machining facilities include Large sized and heavy-duty CNC Horizontal and Vertical Boring machines, Gear Cutting and Gear Grinding Machines.
- High accuracy optical tooling and measuring instruments enable precision measurements on large sized equipment.
- Extensive Test facilities consisting of Ultra-sonic, Radiography, Leak detection & Pressure Testing with strain measurements for Non Destructive Examination.
- Wide range of Overhead Cranes with lifting capacity up to 125 Tons for safe handling of materials/equipment.
1) Mr. Manas Kumar Das
Walchandnagar Industries Ltd.
15/1/B-2 G.A. Kulkarni Path
Opp. Karishma Society Gate No. 2,
Pune – 411 038, Maharashtra, India.
Tel: +91 9545613667